Sometimes, due to carelessness, your important data such as images, videos, documents, and other file types get deleted from your computer. Thus, in this article, you will be able to know about the principles of Data Recovery through which you will be able to Recover Deleted Files on Computer.
Are All Files Recoverable on PC?
Some files are recoverable while some are not. When you delete the file from the system, it is still there on the hard drive. Also, it is given a “0” value in the file table which means space is free and can be used for writing some other data.
So, you can restore the file easily until some other file overwrites it.
How to Evaluate Recovery Chances?
The chances of data recovery are more or less; it depends on many factors:
- Type of Data Storage: HDD/SSD, RAID, etc.
- Type of Filesystem: FAT/NTFS/exFAT etc.
- Type of Data that need to be recovered: you can recover some images, videos partially, while some images or videos cannot be recovered at all.
- The files which are deleted some time ago, there is a probability some other files have overwritten them.
Restoring Permanently Deleted Files From Recycle Bin
Recycle Bin is temporary storage which saves the files for 30 days after you delete them from your system. After 30 days, the system deletes them permanently from that folder. Thus, by chance, if you have deleted any important file and want it back, then open the Recycle Bin and restore that file from there.
For retrieving the file from Recycle Bin follows the below steps:
Step 1: At first, click on the Start menu and type Recycle Bin in the search box. Then click on the result “Recycle Bin.”
Step 2: Now right click on the file/ folder you want to recover and then choose the option Restore.
Step 3: The files will be restored back to the original location.
Recovering Files From Empty Recycle Bin
Even after cleaning the Recycle Bin, files are still there in Recycle Bin. Thus, to retrieve the data back, you need time and recovery tools. Working off all the Recovery tools is almost the same as they first do scanning of files on your system and then help in restoring them.
Note: It is better to install Recovery Software on a USB stick, to some other system or disk partition which isn’t a storage medium for deleted data.
Recovering Files After Formatting
Formatting not only affects the single files but the whole hard drive partition. So, after the format, there is a loss of all data.
Two types of format options are there:
- Quick Format: There are more chances to retrieve the deleted files on PC.
- Full Format: There are less chances to retrieve the deleted files on PC.
For restoring the files after formatting, you can use Auslogics File Recovery desktop application.
Softwares for Recovering Files on a Hard Drive
Some of the applications for Recovering the Files on a Hard Drive are:
1. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard helps in recovering files from HDD very quickly after the deletion. You can recover documents, images, videos and other file types using this.
Features of EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
- EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is very easy to use; i.e., it is user-friendly.
- Helps in recovering the files which are even not there in Recycle Bin.
- Able to restore the files which are removed from the system after formatting.
Recovering Using EaseUS Data Recovering Wizard
Step 1: At first, Download the application from the link: http://down.easeus.com/product/drw_trial
Step 2: Choose the Partition for scanning.
Step 3: Next step is to do scanning of the hard drive by clicking on the Scan button. There are two ways to scan: Quick Scan and Deep Scan. After scanning, you will see a list of all the files.
Step 4: Then, check to mark the files you need to recover and click on “Recover” button.
Recuva is a free software that allows you to recover the deleted files from the system. Using this software is very easy, and many of its features are available for free.
Main features of Recuva Software
- This software offers the Recovery Wizard. You provide the parameters like file type, a location which helps in finding the deleted data.
- Provides you the option of Deep Scanning which increases the chances for recovering of data.
- Marks all the files after scanning with different colors which shows the probability of recovery.
3. Disk Drill
DiskDrill is recovery software that helps in recovering data from SD cards, HDD/SSD or Mobile Phones. For both Windows and Mac OS.
Disk Drill Features Are
- You can pause the scanning at any time and continue it later.
- You can make the selective files data recovery.
- Also, Deep Scan option is there which increases the probability of finding and recovering the file.
- The software is user-friendly and easy to operate.