Kodi, a versatile and open-source media player, allows users to store, stream, and access content across various devices. For IPTV users, Kodi offers a seamless viewing experience, enhanced further with a remote control function.
This feature turns your devices into a remote, making it even more convenient to manage your content. This detailed article will guide you through setting up a Kodi remote control for IPTV on Windows, Android, and iOS.
Understanding the Kodi Remote Control Feature
Before we delve into the setup process, it’s crucial to understand the Kodi remote control feature. Essentially, it allows you to use your smartphone or tablet as a remote control for the Kodi application on your PC or TV.
It offers a graphical interface and tactile experience that often surpasses a traditional remote control or keyboard in terms of convenience and ease of use.
Setting Up a Kodi Remote Control for IPTV on Windows
Step 1: Enable Zeroconf in Kodi
Before you can control Kodi remotely, you need to enable Zeroconf. To do so:
- Open the Kodi application on your Windows PC.
- Click on the gear icon to open ‘Settings’.
- Under ‘Service Settings’, choose ‘Zeroconf’.
- Enable ‘Announce these services to other systems via Zeroconf’.
Step 2: Enable Remote Control in Kodi
Next, you need to allow remote control of Kodi. Follow these steps:
- Still under ‘Service Settings’, navigate to ‘Control’.
- Enable ‘Allow remote control via HTTP’.
- Take note of the port number (default is 8080), username, and password, as you’ll need these for your remote control app.
Setting Up a Kodi Remote Control on Android
For Android users, a recommended remote control application is ‘Kore’, the official Kodi remote.
Step 1: Download Kore
Download and install Kore from the Google Play Store.
Step 2: Connect Kore to Kodi
Once Kore is installed:
- Open the app and tap on ‘Add host’.
- Enter the details you took note of from your Kodi application: IP address, port number, username, and password.
- Hit ‘Test’, and if all the information is correct, Kore should connect to your Kodi application.
Setting Up a Kodi Remote Control on iOS
For iOS users, the recommended app is ‘Official Kodi Remote’.
Step 1: Download the Official Kodi Remote
Download and install the ‘Official Kodi Remote’ app from the App Store.
Step 2: Connect the Official Kodi Remote to Kodi
- Open the app and tap on ‘Add Host’.
- Enter the same details from your Kodi application: IP address, port number, username, and password.
- Tap on ‘Save’, and your iOS device should connect to your Kodi application.
Setting Up a Kodi Remote Control for IPTV
With a remote control set up for Kodi on your device, you can easily manage IPTV channels.
- On your device, navigate to your IPTV add-on (such as PVR IPTV Simple Client) using the Kodi remote app.
- You’ll see your IPTV channels listed. You can select any channel to play, pause, stop, or navigate through your content using the remote control interface on your device.
Setting up a Kodi remote control for IPTV on Windows, Android, and iOS devices greatly enhances your media viewing experience. It offers ease, convenience, and a modern way to navigate through your favorite IPTV channels.
As long as you follow these steps carefully, you’ll be able to transform your Android or iOS device into a robust Kodi remote in no time. Happy streaming!